Men's Golf: Bobcats hold on for top-10 finish at Golden Horseshoe Intercollegiate

Ohio managed to finish in the top 10 despite a lackluster third round at the Golden Horseshoe Intercollegiate in Williamsburg, Virginia, on March 24-26.

The Bobcats struggled to maintain their standing during the last two rounds. On Tuesday, Ohio shot a 28-over-par 312 — 13 strokes higher than their previous round. Although they shot their tournament-best of 299 on Monday, Ohio had dropped from sixth place to ninth.

Zack Crawford kept consistent pace through the tournament and led the Bobcats at 11 over par. Crawford tied for 24th place in the tournament. 

Tanner Johnson also remained steady over his three rounds, ultimately ending Tuesday with at 16 over, claiming a tie for 43rd. Johnson also managed the Bobcats’ only eagle for the tournament

Senior Ben Sattler managed to improve from his Monday round of 80, tacking on a 77, which helped him tie for 58th.

Zach Mandry tripped up on Tuesday, failing to crack 80 and coming out with a disappointing 18 over for the tournament. Mandry was originally tied for 26th place and was only 7 over after Monday, but he ended flat with a tie for 52nd place.

Tied with Ohio for ninth was fellow Mid-American Conference team Old Dominion, which managed to climb from 12th place after shooting 305 on Tuesday.

The Bobcats will take a short reprieve before heading to Indianapolis for the Butler Spring Invitational at Highland Golf Club. The tournament is set to take place April 1-2. 

@thejackgleckler

jg011517@ohio.edu