Season three of ‘Queer Eye’ is now streaming on Netflix. (Photo via @queereye on Instagram) 

A ranking of the ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 episodes

The Fab Five is back, and it is changing lives one episode at a time. Jonathan Van Ness, Bobby Berk, Karamo Brown, Tan France and Antoni Porowski traveled to Missouri for a change of pace from the previous two seasons, which were filmed in Atlanta. Season three gave Netflix subscribers some of the best episodes of the series. The season was well-balanced in its segments, and it was fun to see the Fab Five interacting again. Here are the episodes of season three ranked from good to absolutely fantastic:

8. “From Hunter to Huntee” Jody Castellucci

The season opener follows the camouflage-wearing Jody who was hiding her inner and outer beauty. The Fab Five was able to transform her into a confident queen who doesn’t hide behind baggy shirts and embraces her feminine side. The episode is a good one to reintroduce people to the format and won’t make you cry 15 times. 

7. “Sloth to Slay” Thomas Diggs

Instead of showing up in its usual vehicle, the Fab Five greeted Thomas on the bus he usually takes to work and school. It just so happened to be his 21st birthday, so the men gave Thomas some tips on how to be social. Karamo really helped Thomas come out of his shell. The physical transformation was minimal, but the content was still amazing.

6. “Lost Boy” Joey Greene

Joey is a camp counselor who said he doesn’t really shower all of the time. He’s a man of nature, so the men took what they were given and made Joey his best self for his son. Antoni teaches Joey how to make a delicious looking pork rub with coffee in it, and we are all ready to try that recipe. Oh, and Bobby remade a cabin. A literal cabin. That is something only a true god can do.

5. “Baby on Board” Tony Blanco

If you like impromptu proposals, this episode is definitely for you. Though Tony doesn’t follow everything the Fab Five tells him to do — Jonathan almost has a heart attack when Tony shaves his beard — he shows off his big heart and talks about his depression and anxiety. We also get an adorable scene where Bobby and Tony build a crib for Tony’s soon-to-be-born daughter.

4. “Black Girl Magic” Jess Guilbeaux 

We love a strong, black, beautiful lesbian — and that’s the new mantra Jess lives by. Thanks to the Fab Five, Jess was able to get in touch with her heritage and realize her identity. Have a box of tissues handy because this 23-year-old’s backstory will make you cry.

3. “Elrod & Sons” Rob Elrod

Speaking of tears, single father Rob is trying to move on after his wife died from cancer. Her last wish was for Rob and their two sons to move out of their old house and into a better neighborhood. Through music and really good fish sticks, Rob was able to heal a little bit and learn to take time for himself. Also, the episode is dedicated to Rob’s wife, and that is just beautiful.

2. “When Robert Met Jamie” Robert Hitchcock

Any episode with a wedding will be one of the best of the series. Robert started off as a self-deprecating groom and father but turned into a man who learned to love himself. The whole episode is a tear-jerker from start to finish, and it really makes you evaluate how you look at yourself.

1. “Jones Bar-B-Q” Mary and Deborah Jones

Two is better than one in this case. The Jones sisters brought more hilarity to the show, and had everyone craving their secret barbecue sauce. The highlight was definitely when Karamo helped them strike a deal with a packaging place so they could sell their sauce. The moment when someone’s dreams come true is so amazing that you can’t stop the tears from flowing. You can buy their sauce on their newly branded website. Branding is everything, people.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu