‘Supernatural’ will end after 15 seasons. (via @GlobalBC on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: ‘Supernatural’ will end after its 15th season

The Winchester brothers will end their adventures on Supernatural after 15 seasons.

The decision came from CW and announced the news Friday. The series, created by Eric Kripke and produced by Warner Bros. TV, began in 2005. The show currently stands as the longest-running sci-fi show on American television and is the only show from The WB network to survive. The final season will have 20 episodes, and the series will end with 237 episodes. 

“Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros. Television and The CW has been incredible,” said executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb said in a joint statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the send off they deserve.”

Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins announced the news in a video on Instagram

“We just told the crew that though we’re very very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be our last. 15 years of a show that has certainly changed my life, I know it’s changed these two guys’ life. And we just wanted you to hear from us that though we’re excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big, grand finale of an institution,” Ackles said. “I will say this, a little word from Eric Kripke, the creator about this world and these characters, that in a show about family, it is amazing and it is the pride of his life that it became a family. So thank you guys for that.”

Here’s what Twitter had to say:

Supernatural airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.

@eringardner_

eg245916@ohio.edu