Taco Bell is testing a Triplelupa; Marching 110 will head to Japan in 2020

Today is Tuesday, March 5, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Taco Bell is already the perfect comfort food, but it’s about to get better.

The Mexican-style fast-food eatery is testing a “Triplelupa,” which consists of three chalupas connected end-to-end. Resembling a freight train that’s carrying beef and cheese, the treat is sure to be a great sharing item — though each chalupa is only half the size of a normal one.

Taco Bell decided to take the chalupa even further by dousing the middle chalupa in nacho cheese and chipotle sauce. 

A test-run in Minneapolis comes a year after the item’s debut in Orange County, California. The company hasn’t announced if the Triplelupa will be making an appearance in other cities, but one can only hope so.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

The Marching 110 is making some changes as assistant director Josh Boyer leaves to get his PhD and it prepares for a stint in Japan. (The Post)

Here’s how the bars get ready for Green Beer Day (The Post)

OU’s food pantry has moved locations, and it’s causing some issues. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Men’s basketball is gearing up to play Buffalo in the Convo tonight at 7 p.m. (The Post)

Here’s how Ohio baseball fared against South Carolina Upstate (The Post)

Mid-American Conference Tournament starts next week. Here’s how Ohio ranks (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Host Georgia Davis and her guest Molly Schramm discussed Alfred Hitchcock’s infamous Psycho on this week’s episode of First Reel. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Grab those winter coats again. Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 25 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Actor Luke Perry, known for his roles in Riverdale and 90210, died at 52. (Billboard)

Three major record labels made $6.93 billion combined from streaming in 2018. That’s a combined $19 million a day. (Mashable

YouTube is set to disable comments on videos including minors. (NBC News)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu