Daryl took on Beta in Sunday’s episode of ‘The Walking Dead.’ (via @TheWalkingDead on Twitter)

TV Review: Daryl and Beta fight to the death on ‘The Walking Dead’

The Walking Dead aimed to protect themselves against The Whisperers on Sunday’s episode.

At the Kingdom, Jerry (Cooper Andrews) returned with his group and told Ezekiel (Khary Payton) and Carol (Melissa McBride) his group had been ambushed. The men who ambushed them stole their weapons and sent a letter requesting their food supplies or else they would block the road leading into the Kingdom.

Ezekiel immediately ordered the citizens to gear up and prepare for a conflict, but Carol wanted a more democratic approach. At the meeting, Carol suggested they hire the men as guards instead of the men blocking the road. The men laughed at her proposition, so she suggested another, simpler one: a movie.

Strangely, the group, The Highwaymen, agreed to protect the roads in exchange for the movie/coming to the fair. As the conflict with the Whisperers escalates, the Highwaymen will surely play a vital role in defense.

On the run from the Whisperers, Daryl (Norman Reedus), Connie (Lauren Ridloff), Lydia (Cassady McClincy) and Henry (Matt Lintz) set a trap within a building for the Whisperers. They were able to lure the group into the building and set to killing as many of them as they could.

Daryl immediately attracted the attention of Beta (Ryan Hurst). The two fought in a tense scene throughout the half-built building, ending with Daryl sneaking behind Beta and pushing him into an elevator shaft. Thankfully, the trap seemed to work and the group escaped with only minor injuries.

However, an elevator shaft certainly isn’t enough to kill Beta, which was proven when he yelled in anguish at the end of the episode. With the Whisperers already mad, they likely will only become further enraged once they learn members of their group were killed. The fair the communities have been planning is only a few days away and now, will certainly end in death.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu