Sunday’s episode of ‘The Walking Dead’ was brutal. (via @TheWalkingDead on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ struggled with brutality on Sunday’s episode

The Walking Dead took on more of a slow-burn episode Sunday to showcase the brutal actions of the communities.

Michonne (Danai Gurira) dealt with the council being frustrated at her lack of action regarding the Kingdom. She argued they couldn’t risk being attacked by the Whisperers, but the council was still angry with her.

Henry (Macsen Lintz) continued to follow the Whisperers to rescue Lydia (Cassady McClincy) but was captured by them. Back at their camp, it was clear that Alpha (Samantha Morton) ran things. When someone challenged her leadership, she quickly killed them and cut off their head as a sign to the others.

Back at Alexandria, Eugene (Josh McDermitt) and Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) discussed Rosita (Christian Serratos)’s pregnancy and how they would have to take care of her. This will likely play a larger role in the episodes to come when the Whisperers inevitably return.

At the Whisperer’s camp, Alpha ordered Lydia to kill Henry. Lydia seemed hesitant, which angered Alpha, but just before anything could escalate, Daryl (Norman Reedus) appeared with a coordinated walker attack and ambushed the camp.

As the episode ended, Henry convinced Lydia to escape with them, promising only more trouble as the Whisperers become angrier than ever, and the threat of an attack is at an all-time high.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu