Beyonce to release ‘Homecoming’ documentary on Netflix; Tank and the Bangas to perform at Stuart’s Opera House

Today is Tuesday, April 9, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Back in 2018, Beyoncé’s Coachella performance was all the rage — and now you can get an in-depth look at it. 

The first trailer for the pop diva’s Homecoming: A Film by Beyoncé dropped yesterday, and the documentary will be released exclusively on Netflix. The trailer features a voiceover from poet Maya Angelou and shows snippets of the preparation put into the performance. 

Having previously released Taylor Swift’s Reputation documentary, it seems Netflix is not afraid of multiple music specials, and audiences should expect more in the future.

Homecoming: A Film by Beyoncé will be available April 17 on Netflix. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post

A Glouster family is working to grow its non-profit Canary Acre Animal Sanctuary, which takes in abused and neglected animals. (The Post)

NPR’s Bob Boilen will present Tank and the Bangas at Stuart’s Opera House on Friday. (The Post)

A meal swipe program is helping students in need. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Ohio baseball will host Ohio State tonight at 6 p.m. (The Post)

Ohio’s baseball is halfway through its season, here’s how the team is looking  (The Post)

Podcasts

Host Georgia Davis sat down with podcast director Cal Gunderson to discuss the comedy Superbad on this week’s episode of First Reel. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s safe to say spring is here to stay. It’ll be partly cloudy with a high of 68 degrees today. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A 17-foot-long python, accompanied by 73 eggs, broke the record for the largest snake to be removed from Everglades National Park. (NPR)

Don’t tell John Mulaney: Delta Air Lines topped an annual ranking of U.S. airlines. (The Hill)

AMC will release a third series within The Walking Dead universe. (Entertainment Weekly)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu