Just down the street from Baker University Center, 35 Park Place houses the Honors Tutorial College offices. (FILE)

Finalists for HTC dean announced

Ohio University’s Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali announced the final four candidates for the Honors Tutorial College dean on Friday.

The previous dean, Jeremy Webster, left the position in June 2017 to become the Zanesville Campus dean. Cary Frith has served as the interim dean shortly after Webster left the position, according to a news release.

Donal Skinner is currently the dean of the Honors College at the University of Wyoming. He is also a professor in the department of zoology and physiology. He earned his doctorate degree in biology from the University of Cambridge. 

Elizabeth Kim is currently the director of the University Honors Program at the University of Wisconsin. She is also a professor of English. She earned her doctorate degree in English literature from the University of Michigan. 

Geoff Beckley is currently the director of studies in the Environmental Studies Program at the Honors Tutorial College at OU. He is also a professor at OU. Beckley earned his doctorate degree in geography in 1997 from the University of Maryland. 

Naomi Klos’ last position was the special assistant to the provost for honors education at Eastern Washington University. She earned her doctorate degree from the University of California, Berkley in comparative literature. 

Open forums for to students, faculty and staff will be held at the following dates and times:

• Donal Skinner - April 8: 3:30-5 p.m. in Bentley 227
  • Elizabeth Kim - April 10: 9:30-11 a.m. in the Friends of the Libraries Room
  • Geoff Buckley - April 12 from 2:30-4 p.m. in Bentley 136 
  • Naomi Klos - Week of April 15 and is to be determined

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu