Robin Oliver will be the new vice president for University Communications and Marketing. (Provided via Western Carolina University at wcu.edu)

OU announces new vice president for University Communications and Marketing

Ohio University announced the new vice president for University Communications and Marketing on Wednesday.

Robin Oliver, the chief marketing officer for Western Carolina University, will start July 22.

Oliver led a collaborative, university-wide process to establish a five-year marketing and communications plan, according to the news release. She restructured the marketing team to support the university’s strategic plan and overhauled the university’s website and social media presence.

Oliver received the American Marketing Association’s Higher Education Marketer of the Year award.

“Robin is deeply committed to the power of higher education to transform lives and positively impact communities,” according to the news release.

Oliver started as a features writer and entertainment editor at the Birmingham Post-Herald in Birmingham, Alabama. She later became the vice president for public relations before moving into higher education, according to the news release.

OU President Duane Nellis said in the press release the position is “a vital part of my leadership team.”

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu