Jafael is back on this week’s episode of ‘Jane The Virgin.’ (Photo via @TVLine on Twitter)

TV Review: Jane and Rafael are through denying their love for each other on ‘Jane The Virgin’

The on-again, off-again couple of the century, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) and Rafael (Justin Baldoni), are finally back together, and it’s the greatest thing that’s happened to television. 

Last week’s episode of Jane The Virgin ended with Rafael planning to go on dates with other women and Jane having a mature conversation with him about it. The co-parenting team were too worried about Mateo (Elias Janssen) to focus on their own love lives, so the whole issue was kind of put on the backburner. 

This week’s episode, to no one’s surprise, shows Rafael and Jane trying their best to help Mateo with his ADHD because he was cast in the school play. They had tried to do physical exercises and other types of therapy in the last episode, but this week, the two seriously discuss putting him on medication, to which Jane is extremely reluctant. 

After Mateo interrupts the school play performance because of a crying baby, Mateo tells Jane and Rafael he doesn’t want to be the way he is anymore. This prompts the parenting duo to have another serious conversation about putting him on medication, and Jane finally agrees.

While Mateo is preparing for the play throughout the episode, Rafael goes on a few dates with a girl named Julie (Sophia Bush) from his office, which sends Jane into a weird jealousy spiral. Oddly enough, Julie is jealous of Jane because Rafael is spending so much time with her to help her find an apartment. The show’s favorite couple then gets locked in a prospective apartment, and Jane convinces Rafael to create a list of qualities he’s looking for in a woman. The two share longing looks, hinting that something may happen, but they’re quickly interrupted when they’re released from the apartment. 

However, Jane’s freakout is good for the audience because it prompts more girl bestie time between Jane and Petra (Yael Grobglas). The girls are trying to get over their previous relationships, so they decide to go out and have a night on the town and create dating profiles to get out there and meet new people. 

Jane and Petra are talking about getting excited for dating when Jane gets a text from Rafael asking her to meet him and talk. When Jane meets him, he confesses his feelings to her, saying he didn’t want to deny his love for her anymore.

“I realized that there was one dealbreaker with Julie that I couldn’t get past,” Rafael said. “It’s love. She’s not you, Jane. I love you. I’ve tried to stop, but I can’t, and I don’t want to.”

The two then share an epic kiss, similar to their first kiss, under the same tree and by the same bench with the flower petals falling all around them. However, unlike their first kiss, the romantic reunion is followed by an epic musical number, keeping with the theme of Mateo’s school play. 

Jafael shippers, unite, because Jane and Rafael are finally back together. 

Here’s how audiences are reacting on Twitter:

Jane The Virgin airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu