Hannah gets down to her final two men on night on the ‘The Bachelorette’ finale. (Photo via @alabamahannah on Instagram

TV Review: Hannah sends Peter home on night one of the ‘The Bachelorette’ finale

Roses are red;

Violets are blue; 

Hannah, please pick Tyler, 

or Bachelor Nation will come for you.

Hannah Brown’s reign on The Bachelorette is wrapping up on an emotional note as she hands out her final roses. After sending Peter home at the last ceremony, the southern belle has narrowed her final men down to Jed Wyatt and Tyler Cameron. Part one of the dramatic two-night finale resumed with the rose ceremony in Greece, after Hannah escorted Luke P. out AGAIN. 

Here are a few highlights from part one of The Bachelorette finale:

Pilot Pete in the hot seat

Peter relieves and reveals his heartbreak during a studio interview with Chris Harrison. 

“It wasn’t easy … I really felt it for her and had no doubt it wasn’t gonna be us in the end,” he confessed with devastation all over his face.

Peter’s family supported him from the audience and shared the same level of emotion that included a few tears. 

Pilot Pete rehashes the relationship — pinpointing the exact moment when he fell in love with Hannah while they watched fireworks in Latvia. He admits his strong feelings are still present by adding, “I don’t think you can completely fall out of love … a little piece of my heart will always love her.” 

After one too many commercial breaks, Hannah finally joins Peter for the first time since their breakup in Greece. She confessed, “There wasn’t anything wrong … I wish I would have known sooner how you felt.” 

As soon as Hannah dubs their relationship “passionate” with a cheeky smile, it’s no secret she’s alluding to the windmill. 

To lighten the mood, she teased, “I was being a little dishonest about something … It was actually four times!” 

Luke P. probably needs an ambulance at this point.

Tyler woos the family 

Tyler is the first to meet Hannah’s family and doesn’t disappoint. Obviously, they love Tyler’s respecting manner and future plans for life with Hannah.

He continues his golden streak by telling them, “I really love your daughter. I want to be her biggest cheerleader.” 

Hannah’s mom is completely charmed of Tyler as she gushed, “Tyler just kind of blew me away today. He was pretty amazing all the way around.”

Dad agreed and spoke highly of him, stating, “Tyler seems to be the real deal. He seemed to be very loving.” 

Hannah was glowing and more positive than ever about her romance with Tyler after the final date.

Pack your bags, Jed! It seems like the final decision has already been made. 

Did you know Jed is a musician? 

It’s Jed’s turn to meet the fam! And yes, he disappoints. After the bar was set high by Tyler, the date was anything but smooth. He pulled a classic Jed move by immediately talking about his career within the first two seconds, telling Hannah’s parents, “I'm a musician and songwriter.” REALLY? WE HAD NO IDEA!

They were clearly unimpressed with Jed’s future plans and ambitions. Hannah’s dad was skeptical if he would even be financially stable in the relationship. “We just want to make sure this is the right fit because it’s one cohesive family,” he added.

Jed continues his Jed ways by declaring his “pure intentions” with Hannah. Ironically, he then reassures that he will “have as many facets and backup plans” as he can. Yep, he definitely has more backup plans other than financial ones (*cough* a girlfriend).

Romantic horseback riding with Tyler

The men have one last chance to sweep Hannah off her feet. 

The final one-on-one dates began with Tyler. Since last time wasn’t embarrassing enough, the couple spends the day horseback riding. After a few false starts, Tyler gets back on the horse and continues striding his way into Hannah’s heart. 

“I don’t want to be anywhere else. If I could wake up and see these eyes, those dimples and that smile, I’d be the luckiest guy in the world,” he gushed. 

Hannah feels lucky thinking about a life with Tyler as she stated, “It’s almost like he’s the perfect guy.”

Welp, there it is. The writing's on the wall. Does Jed even stand a chance at the point?

Getting seasick with Jed

The final one-on-one is with Jed and red flags continue to pop up left and right. 

“Meeting my family didn’t go like we hoped,” Hannah confessed. “It’s something I’m really concerned about.”

The couple spends their day out on the water — coasting on the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. Surprise, surprise … it’s rocky waters; foreshadowing at it’s finest. “I’m going to get sick,” Hannah says as she’s heaving over the boat. 

After getting seasick, Jed tells Hannah that he’s mad that her father didn’t like him. “I just don’t think he understands the things I do,” he continued. The rest of the date is uncomfortable and doesn’t even come close to Tyler’s. 

Hannah leaves the final date stating, “It’s setting in that I get engaged tomorrow. I don’t know what I’m gonna do.”

As promised by Chris Harrison, part two of the two-night finale is promised to be “the most dramatic finale” thus far. Get your napkins ready, rose lovers. The tea will be spilling everywhere. 

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu