Hannah tackles Fantasy Suites this week on ‘The Bachelorette.’ (Photo via @thebacheloretteabc on Instagram) 

TV Review: Hannah tackles fantasy suites and Luke P. finally goes home on ‘The Bachelorette’

Let’s celebrate, rose lovers. 

It’s Fantasy Suite week, it’s windmill week… and it’s Luke P. finally goes home week. This week’s episode of The Bachelorette resumed on the beautiful islands of Greece after Hannah Brown decided to continue her journey with all four remaining contestants. After two months of relentless drama, love is certainly in the air as Jed, Tyler, Peter, and Luke have all dropped the “hard L” on Hannah. Although Luke’s misogynistic comments were the overarching anticipation of this week’s episode, Tyler’s respectable manner toward Hannah’s boundaries was certainly more profound. Here are some highlights from Fantasy Suite week:

Fantasy Windmill

First up is Pilot Pete… or should we say Pilot Cheat. After recent allegations, Peter has entered the same hot water as Jed regarding ex-girlfriends. Yikes. 

Anywho, it’s windmill time! Hannah and Peter reunited on the beach for a day of sailing the Mediterrainan, making out, reciting Titanic, oh, and, making out.

“It’s the total package of like what I always dreamed I would be with… I guess it’s going to be smooth sailing or rocky waters.” Trust your intuition girl, things are definitely about to get rocky. 

After a long day of kissing, the two “cheers to love” for the millionth time and begin to dish their feelings for each other. Peter finally stops twiddling his fingers and says, “I’m in love with you.” 

The couple runs off to their fantasy windmill where condoms are not-so discreetly placed this time around. “Okay, that was not me this time,” yells a very embarrassed Peter. After a shot of last night's clothes tossed around the room, the couple emerged in the morning for coffee and breakfast. The date ended with Peter confident about his love for Hannah.

Tyler C(onsent)

Fantasy Suite No. 2 is with Tyler C. as the two unite in Crete.

“I don't have any questions… I'm ready to propose, get down on one knee and be her man,” he says immediately. If there’s anything we’ve learned this week, it’s certainly that Tyler is truly a Greek god in real life. 

The couple spend their day “indulging and relaxing” in some couples’ massages. Quickly, it turns into a rather graphic makeout session as Tyler starts caressing Hannah. 

“I’m 1,000 percent sure physical intimacy with Tyler is not an issue,” Hannah states. However, she shared that she is nervous and scared that the connection is more physical than emotional. 

At dinner, Hannah sets out on a mission to find out if Tyler is truly her “forever.” 

She immeditaly sets her boundary at dinner as she tells him, “I dont want to go to the Fantasy Suite and have sex because I don’t think that’s what our relationship needs.”

Although he makes efforts in trying not looking too disappointed, Tyler responds in a very respectful manner. “I just want to be with you… I would never press you and pressure you in any way,” he states while melting Hannah (and Bachelor Nation’s) heart. 

Of course, he handles everything smoothly and continues to be the perfect gentleman he’s been all along. The couple end their night cuddling up in their fantasy yacht and emerge in the morning for coffee. “Watching him leave from our date just ripped me,” she said emotionally. 

Hannah, It’s time to call quits and run off with Tyler already.

Jed is uncertain

The third time's a charm, but with Jed it certainly was not. His first words set the tone as he states, “Last time I saw Hannah I felt angry.” 

The couple spent the day portion of their date strolling the brick roads of Greece… and talking about Luke. Instead of being grateful for a rose last week and trusting Hannah’s judgement, he completely projects it onto her character.

“I don't fully understand how you can be as amazing as you are and even consider someone like him,” he tells Hannah. She defends her word stating, “I've seen different sides of him you all haven't seen.”

Of course, the Luke discussion isn’t over and lingers into the dinner portion of the date. “I guess to the core, it says a lot about your decision to keep around someone who has been toxic to this process and everyone else,” Jed says with uncertainty. 

Although he makes valid comments, Jed begins telling Hannah his doubts with how she can’t “let go of things that aren’t good for her.” Obviously, this is ironic coming from someone who has a girlfriend at home. 

Even though Jed is extremely shady and Hannah gets riled up over his comments, the conversation is a significant perspective of reality about Luke’s true character. Eventually, the couple cool the tension enough to enter the Fantasy Suite where they apparently “don’t sleep a wink.” 

BYE-BYE LUKE

The moment Bachelor Nation has been waiting ever so patiently for is finally here.

Drum roll please… Luke P. has been kicked to the curb—or shoved into an SUV.

Although previews secured his eventual departure, seeing Hannah completely freak out on Luke was the cherry on top. Sure, the day portion of the date was cute, but things got very ugly, very fast. 

It all went down hill the instant Luke said “let’s talk about sex.” After giving a lecture about how sinful sex is outside the guidelines of marriage, he requests verbal confirmation from Hannah that she won’t be sexually intimate with the other relationships. 

Luke, being the manipulative misogynist he is, continues by stating, “If you told me you’re having sex, or have had sex with one or more of these guys, I’d be wanting to go home.” 

Instead of immediately throwing her drink at Luke, she unleashes Hannah Beast. As her voice grows louder, Hannah tells him, “I’m a grown woman and can make my own decisions. You don’t own me and can’t decide what I can and can’t do.” Sing it, sis! 

She continues to rightfully defend her ability to do whatever she pleases with her body and finally decides to send him packing. Of course, Luke refuses to get into the SUV and offers to “pray over” her. Hannah finally puts the nail in the coffin by making her famous remark, “I have had sex and Jesus still loves me.” Mic drop. 

And just like that, Luke finally leaves! But according to the previews for next week’s episode, not for long. Hopefully the other men will step in next week upon his unexpected return. 

The Bachelorette airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu