Ariana Grande’s collaboration with Social House may be the song of the summer, despite being released so late into the season. (Photo via @MTV on Twitter) 

Twitter Reactions: Ariana Grande stans are obsessed with her new song, “Boyfriend”

The pop princess is back at it with another hot single, and the Arianators are quaking. 

Ariana Grande collaborated with the pop duo Social House to release “Boyfriend.” The single was released Aug. 1, and it is already number one on Spotify and iTunes. 

“Boyfriend” talks about the complicated relationship between two people where they’re not really dating and don’t possess a label, but they don’t want each other to see other people. The song is a great explanation of how complicated it can be to exist in the stage where you aren’t exclusive, but you feel somewhat like you’re in a relationship and get easily jealous by other people. 

The song is accompanied by a music video, featuring Grande as the girlfriend, Social House’s Michael “Mike” Foster as the boyfriend and Charles “Scootie” Anderson as the therapist/best friend. The entire video shows Grande and Foster imagining attacking the other men and women that get in the way of the couple’s exclusivity, and Anderson spends the video in shock of the events and trying to help their situation. 

The video, directed by Hannah Lux Davis, is really well done, especially with the costume design. The entire video is aesthetically pleasing and showcases great chemistry between Social House and Grande. 

Ariana Grande fans are some of the most intense fans of all time and worship everything she does, but in this case, it’s a pretty justifiable reaction because the song is really fun and catchy. Some are even calling it the song of the summer, despite its August release.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu