Things heat up on this week’s episode of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ (Photo via @bachelorinsider on Instagram) 

TV Review: JPJ is “emotionally and physically drained” on ‘Bachelor in Paradise’

Seven episodes and only three rose ceremonies perfectly defines the level of drama happening on this season of Bachelor in Paradise. Connections are coming and going quickly, hearts are being broken and “friendship roses” are still being handed out. Week seven picked up with John Paul Jones in his feels about Tayshia, while the two explore other options. Elsewhere, Caelynn gets a reality check of Dean’s reputation and Blake continues to be shady with his roses.

Here are some highlights from Monday night’s episode of Bachelor in Paradise:

Everyone wants JPJ

It’s no doubt that JPJ is the golden boy of paradise. But this week, everyone wanted a piece of him (except Tayshia). JPJ’s heart was broken after Tayshia confessed she didn’t see him as her “future husband.” However, things turned around when Tahzjuan stepped on the beach and was ready to shake things up. 

Although JPJ was still in his feels, he agrees to go on the “Tahzjuan-on-one.” The two spend the evening dancing, laughing and making out in the water. Shocker. “I think the potential is there for romance. I might Tahzjuan-to kiss her tonight,” JPJ jokes. 

Just when we thought the love triangles were over… Haley shows up. JPJ finds himself caught between the two women as Haley arrives with eyes only for him. Of course, she asks him on a date and the couple fabulously hits it off. There was making out, butt-grabbing and all. 

Tension rises when the couple returns. Tahz states that horseback riding is “lame” and begins questioning if JPJ and Haley kissed. Obviously, she’s not a fan of Haley and calls her a “pigeon.”

JPJ ends the night with a toast declaring, “I’m emotionally and physically drained right now.” We felt that.

Dean lives up to his reputation

Elsewhere in paradise, Caelynn is head over heels for Dean who seems completely unbothered. “We just work so well together. I fully see us leaving here in a relationship, so I’m excited,” she confesses. 

Caelynn gets a Dean reality check real quick when Demi reminds her of his heartbreaker reputation. “I know the emotions are very strong for you, but you need to take a step back,” she advises. 

Well, turns out Demi is right and Dean’s intentions aren’t exactly what Caelynn wanted. He basically tells her he only wants to date her on the show by claiming, “I suck at dating. I think you’d be miserable as my girlfriend.” Ouch.

Blake gives Kristina a rose

History was not the only thing repeating itself this week… the “friendship roses” did as well. Kristina came in between Blake and Caitlin once again. Although she has absolutely no interest in Blake, Kristina will do absolutely anything for a rose. 

Before the rose ceremony, Blake told Caitlin he was 100% giving her his rose. But those high chances dropped after his conversation with Kristina. “If I were Blake, the smartest thing to do would be to give his rose to me,” she confidently said. 

Just like that, Blake continues his “bad boy” streak by blindsiding Caitlin and giving his rose to Kristina. Of course, she accepted the rose with a villainous grin.

Katie fights for Chris

Chris’ rose is up for grabs this week and Katie wants it more than anyone. Meanwhile, Chris is getting closer with Jen after their one-on-one. “I do have a solid relationship with Katie… I just have a good feeling about you,” he confesses to Jen. 

Katie realizes she has to step up fast during the rose scramble. “I came over here to try and be bold… I’m saying things that I want. I want you, Chris Bukowski,” she interrupts. Heartbreak sets in when he can’t even give her an answer. 

However, all is well in the end when Chris surprisingly gives his rose to Katie at the rose ceremony. Romance isn’t dead after all, people.

Bachelor in Paradise airs Mondays and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu