Disney is remaking ‘Home Alone’; Athens Restaurant Week celebrated local eateries

Today is Friday, Aug. 9. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy summer! 

Disney announced it’s remaking the Christmas classic Home Alone along with other films to go on its new streaming service, Disney+. 

Bob Iger, CEO of Disney, told investors that the Home Alone remake will be more like a reimagining of the 1990 film, according to CNN, but no details have been revealed yet.

Among the reimaginings for Disney+ are Night at the Museum, Cheaper by the Dozen and Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Disney+ is geared to launch in November 2019. It will also be the exclusive home of Marvel Cinematic Universe films, all of the Star Wars films, Disney films and Pixar films. A subscription will cost $6.99 per month.  

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Here’s what you’ve missed from The Post:

Local eateries were celebrated during Athens Restaurant Week. (The Post)

Opinion: Cultural integrity in casting is extremely important, but so is a push for diversity. (The Post)

The second round of Democratic Primary Debates were action packed, and here are five takeaways from night two. (The Post)

Lil Durk’s latest release, Love Songs 4 the Streets 2, touches on his past as a struggling artist. (The Post)

Beetlejuice: The Musical is a new Broadway must-see that oozes talent. (The Post)

You might also want to know…

According to a new study, drinking coffee doesn’t have an impact on your sleep. (The Telegraph)

San Francisco’s Outside Lands has become the first major music festival in the U.S. to sell cannabis to attendees of age. (Alternative Press)

With the growing number of mass shootings in the U.S., other countries are issuing travel warnings. (NPR)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu