Players go through warmups on day four of fall camp on Monday, Aug. 5, 2019.

Football: What we learned from Day 5 of fall camp

Ohio practiced Tuesday for its fifth day of fall camp. The practice was conducted in 24 total periods, which lasted over two hours and 10 minutes. Here are The Post’s observations:

ATTENDANCE

Did not practice: Running back Julian Ross, running back Walter Wilbon, cornerback Jamal Hudson and offensive lineman Joe Oakes

Limited participant: Running back Jake Neatherton, running back Jonathan Barna and wide receiver Shane Hooks

OBSERVATIONS

Sights and sounds

• Tuesday was the first day players were dressed in full pads.
  • Country music was the only music played throughout practice on Tuesday.

Quarterback

• Tuesday’s practice was a much better day for all three quarterbacks statistically speaking. Senior Nathan Rourke went 8-for-13 and a touchdown during two team periods.
  • Both Nathan and his brother, Kurtis Rourke, threw touchdowns during the 7-on-7 periods.

Running backs

• For the first full-padded practice, running backs were noticeably more comfortable dropping their shoulders to gain extra yards. O’Shaan Allison had a solid day during team periods with 5-yard gains. 

Offensive line

• From left to right, the starting offensive line went Austen Pleasants, Brett Kitrell, Steven Hayes, Hagen Meservy and Marques Grimes.
  • The offensive line had a better practice Tuesday and didn’t allow a single sack during team periods.

Defensive line

• From weak side end to strong side end, the starting defensive line went Austin Conrad, Cole Baker, Brian Arp and Amos Ogun-Semore.
  • The unit had a couple of run stuffs during team periods, but it wasn’t nearly as flashy as Monday’s practice.

Linebackers

• Eric Popp, Dylan Conner and Jared Dorsa started for the defense in 7-on-7 and team periods.

Secondary

• Much like the defensive line, the secondary was unable to produce a flashy practice like it did Monday.
  • The unit had a solid display during 1-on-1s; however, Javon Hagan and Marlin Brooks each had a couple of pass breakups.

Special teams

• Ohio practiced its field goal and extra point units toward the end of Tuesday’s practice. Louie Zervos’ only missed kick was a 27-yarder on the right hash of the field.

Next up

• The Bobcats have Wednesday off because of Ohio media day. Media day is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. 
  • Ohio will be back in Peden Stadium on Thursday at 9:05 a.m. The practice is open to the public.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu