Police Blotter: Student found with open can of White Claw; woman calls police for tech issues

It turns out there are laws when you’re drinking claws.

On Aug. 31, an 18-year-old student was found with an open can of White Claw on College Green in front of MemAud.

He issued a summons for underage possession of alcohol. He is scheduled to appear in Athens County Municipal court on Sept. 5.

What are you looking for?

Deputies were patrolling around Pine Street on Aug. 30 when they saw two men going through a storage unit at Prokos Storage Units. One of the men had an active warrant for his arrest and was taken to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Come on, mom

Deputies received a call from a mom who said her son, who lives behind her house in a camper, came into her house and yelled at her.

The son left before deputies arrived at the property, but they advised the mom to contact civil court to evict him.

Got milk?

Deputies responded to a call on Long Run Road on Aug. 30 of a report about three cows being on the street.

The area was patrolled and no cows were located.

Did you try turning if off and on again?

Deputies responded to a call of a resident having an issue with her health aide. The woman had called 911 three times in a short period of time. Deputies spoke with the caller and found out she was angry because her aide couldn’t fix her iPad.

She was instructed not to call 911 unless there is an emergency, and was told that the situation did not constitute an emergency.

The woman said she understood and would treat her aide with respect.

Biker gang

Deputies were dispatched to a park after a complaint about two people riding motorcycles was reported. Two children were found to be riding the motorcycles. They were wearing helmets and nothing dangerous or destructive was seen.

The father of the two boys was there and said they do this often because it is a safe place for the boys to ride.

Yelling timber

Deputies were advised about a man standing near a driveway on Sunday screaming at a tree.  A deputy patrolled the area but did not find the man.

Everything all right in there?

OUPD responded to a call at Sargent Hall in regards to a drunk man in the second floor men’s restroom.

The student was unable to stand and smelled heavily of alcohol.

Eighth year

An OUPD officer saw a man staggering while walking toward University Terrace. The officer identified him as a 26-year-old.

The man dropped his cell phone, picked it back up and then collapsed onto the sidewalk.

He was unable to properly care for himself and he was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct.

Food fight

Deputies were dispatched to Butchel Food Mart in regards to a fight between two women. One of the two left the scene before police arrived, but the other woman stayed and was treated by EMS.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu