Three couples got engaged on the finale of ‘Bachelor in Paradise.’ (ABC/John Fleenor)

TV Review: 3 couples get engaged on ‘Bachelor in Paradise’; Peter Weber will be the next Bachelor

Bachelor in Paradise has come to an end, and so has the romance for most couples. After a long summer of Stagecoach drama, friendship roses and broken hearts, four couples have survived it all: Dylan and Hannah, Chris and Katie, Demi and Kristian and Clay and Nicole. For the final week, the couples share their last dates in Paradise with the option of spending the night in the Fantasy Suites together. 

Will Clay be able to commit to Nicole? Will Dylan get down on one knee? Will Demi and Kristian make Bachelor Nation history as the first same-sex engagement? Let’s break it down. 

Here are some highlights from the finale of Bachelor in Paradise:

Clay “isn’t there” with Nicole

Clay and Nicole are the first to put their love to the test. The wildcard couple was on solid ground prior to Fantasy Suites, but things went south quickly after the two decided not to spend the night together. “You said you need your space tonight, so go get your space. I need my space, too,” Nicole said before crying. 

The next morning, Nicole arrives looking fabulous in a white bohemian gown with her proposal hopes high. Eventually, she drops the question: “Do you love me?” Unfortunately, she didn’t get the answer she wanted. Long story short, Clay repeated that he’s “falling in love” but just “isn’t there yet.” He wants to leave Paradise with Nicole, but obviously that ship has sailed.

Nicole is livid and emotionally cuts ties with Clay by saying, “I can’t tell people we’re together, knowing you don't love me. I have to go.” Per usual, Clay look completely unbothered.

Chris finally decides to put a ring on it

Next up are Katie and Chris. Going into Fantasy Suites, it was obvious Katie was head-over-heels for Chris, who is downright confused. His attitude about the potential proposal is rather alarming as he confesses that he won’t know until “the moment.” 

Things only get more concerning when Chris tells Katie the words every girl wants to hear before getting engaged: “First of all, I feel like it's been hard.” But then, “the moment” came. The “Bachelor Nation Elder” was crying, getting deep and expressing his love for Katie.

Thankfully, Chris retired from his seven-year Bachelor career and finally got down on one knee. Katie accepts, and the couple secured the first engagement of the season.

Dylan and Hannah are a romance novel in real life

Dylan and Hannah, you’re up! The fan-favorite couple has been going strong in their relationship since the beginning, with only a few (Blake) bumps along the way. They take on the Fantasy Suites and wake up the next morning looking more in love than ever before. 

Hannah, looking like the greek goddess of Paradise, reunites with Dylan on the beach for the moment Bachelor Nation has been waiting ever-so patiently for. 

“Hannah, I came here for someone special, and I met you ...This is the end of Paradise, but it’s just the beginning of our story. I didn’t come here to spend my summer with you. I came here to spend my life with you,” Dylan confesses. 

Obviously, Hannah is touched but expresses that she’s still broken from her blindsiding split with Colton as she said, “Even though my relationship crumbled, it crumbled a part of me, too.” Dylan goes the extra mile and reassures his love by telling her that he will fly to Alabama with her that night, just to meet her family. 

The two seal their love with a proposal and an acceptance. The rest is history.

Demi and Kristian make Bachelor Nation history

Last to the finish line are Demi and Kristian. Although Kristian’s arrival on the beach sparked a lot of controversy, the couple blossomed a passionate love that has made Bachelor Nation history. 

“Demi, you’ve changed my life forever. I think back to the first time we kissed and it felt like the whole world stopped,” Kristian tells Demi as their hands intertwine. Demi gets emotional and affirms her love by confessing, “I came here to find myself, but I found myself in you.”

Just like that, the two get down on one knee together. The metaphorical fireworks are sparking as they leave Paradise engaged.

The next Bachelor is…

Drum roll please … the next Bachelor star is Peter Weber! Although many Bachelor Nation fans were hoping Mike would fill the role, a season of Pilot Pete does sound promising. After all, the Tyler C. ship has sailed after his new fling with Gigi Hadid. Tears. Pilot Pete has big shoes to fill, but at least they aren’t virgin shoes.

Hopefully we’ll see more windmills this upcoming season, rose lovers. 

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu