Viral beer money request raises $1 million for charity; here are some spots for hammocking around campus

Today is Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Busch Light and raising money for a children’s hospital usually wouldn’t go together, but a college football fan has unintentionally brought the two together for a charitable cause.

Featured in the background of College Gameday, Carson King’s witty tailgating sign read “Busch Light Supply Needs Replenished,” along with his Venmo account. The sign garnered more money than intended and eventually King promised to donate the money to Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital — after covering the case of beer, of course.

“I thought it would just be a joke,” King told Good Morning America. “I didn’t think anyone would actually see it.”

King tweeted Sunday the fundraising effort reached $1 million in contributions, but has promised to keep his Venmo open until the end of the month to raise as much money as possible. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here are some unique places to hammock around Ohio University’s campus (The Post)

Rock climbing and bouldering are two activities Athens’ hilly terrain offers to students. (The Post)

Opinion: With fall season right around the corner, it’s time to find your comfort television show. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

See how Ohio soccer’s Konstantina Giannou has adjusted to her new home in Athens. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s time to soak up the sun. Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 74 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Rupaul’s Drag Race’s Nina West made history at the Emmys as the first person to walk the award show’s carpet in full drag. (WBNS-10TV)

Swedish activist Greta Thunberg addressed the United Nations on Monday. (CNN)

Roughly 50 Baltimore schools without A/C units closed after temperatures reached above 90 degrees. (NBC News)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu