The season premiere of ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ teased a major death. (Photo provided via @HowToGetAwayABC on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ teases a shocking death during season 6 premiere

With the arrival of How to Get Away with Murder’s final season, showrunners are promising a shocking season — and it seems they’re delivering.

The episode started with everyone attending Annalise’s (Viola Davis) funeral. However, it ended up being in Annalise’s head as part of a rehab exercise. It was revealed that Annalise drank excessively and took cocaine following Laurel’s (Karla Souza) disappearance in the season five finale.

While Annalise was in rehab, Connor (Jack Falahee), Michaela (Aja Naomi King), Asher (Matt McGorry) and Oliver (Conrad Ricamora) all desperately tried to find Laurel. Despite their best efforts, the group was unable to find any information regarding her and her son’s location.

Nate (Billy Brown) attempted to uncover more details about the death of his father and discovered an order to move the body to London, signed by Tegan (Amirah Vann). When he confronted her, she denied any association with the murder, but Nate later found a picture of her alongside Laurel’s father.

When Annalise returned from rehab, she encouraged the group to let go of their guilt and finally move on with their lives. As each person let go of their demons, the group seemed hopeful about moving toward happiness.

The final scene showed a funeral, with the congregation mourning over a black coffin and the camera panning to a picture of Annalise Keating, presumed to be dead.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu