America is running out of White Claw; Waka Flocka Flame performed at MemAud

Today is Monday, Sept. 9, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Alcohol drinkers sure seem to love White Claw, but the beloved drink may not be on shelves in the near future. 

White Claw has confirmed there has been a nationwide shortage due to rising sales and popularity of the hard seltzer drink. The company has not confirmed when the stock will return to normal, but it has been working around the clock to increase supply to keep up with the rate of purchase.

The sales of the beloved alcoholic beverage increased by 283% to roughly $328 million in July 2019 compared to July 2018. With similar hard seltzer drinks like Truly, Bon & Viv and Natural Light Seltzer, hard seltzers have taken the alcohol industry by storm.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Waka Flocka Flame performed Saturday night at Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium. (The Post)

Here are some rap artists that are underrated in the hip-hop industry. (The Post)

Serena Williams may have lost in the US Open finals, but it’s the best she’s looked since her return. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Fans shouldn’t be concerned with Ohio football’s offensive struggles after its loss against Pitt. (The Post)

Ohio field hockey had its first road win since 2017. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s time to soak up the sun. Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 84 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Sony released a Walkman for the electronic’s 40th anniversary. (WGN-TV)

A vintage plane helped ship aid to the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian devastated the country. (USA Today)

Hong Kong protesters are asking for President Trump’s intervention in the city’s political standoff.  (CNN)

@mikayla_roch

mr290816@ohio.edu