Abbie Zehentbauer poses for a portrait outside of Baker Center.

BedPost: The signs as sex positions

Someone’s sign is a look into how one functions — and that includes sexually. It’s important to have a guide to the signs’ likes and dislikes before hopping into bed with them. Here’s a guide to each sign’s preferred positions:

Aries: Traditional Cowgirl 

Aries love to be in charge. This fire sign is passionate, and they need you to know it. Nothing is ambiguous about this sign, and allowing for complete control gives them the stage to show off exactly what they have to offer you. They aim to please not only their partner but themselves. 

Taurus: On The Table

Taurus is linked to food and the home. Ruled by Venus, they are pleasure seekers. The stubborn lover is ready for whatever, whenever, as long as they get it their way. It’s only practical to make good use of all of the furniture in the house with this position.

Gemini: Rabbit Ears

This position is similar to the missionary position, but the bottom’s legs are by the neck of the top, allowing some closeness between partners, but enough distance to avoid unwanted affection if necessary. A Gemini’s duality makes them unique, so it’s replicated in the bedroom. This sign usually gives mixed signals, but this makes for a passionate love-making session.

Cancer: Spooning

Cancers are notoriously babies but in a good way. The water sign loves to be cuddled and loved, so this romantic position allows for not only deep penetration but deep affection. Water signs are viewed as the most emotional, allowing them to connect through physical displays of affection. 

Leo: Doggy Style

A Leo is theatrical and impossible to resist. To this sign, there is a sort of instinctual force driving them to be the center of attention. They want to be in clear view, and, most importantly, they want to show off their talents. This primal position allows both parties to do the forbidden polka with the confidence comparable to Kylie Jenner.

Virgo: In A Chair

The directness of a Virgo stems from their need for efficiency. To truly relax while shagging, there has to be no room for error. Not much can go wrong while having sex upright in a chair. The person on the bottom is able to submit fully to their partner. There is something magical about grinding with your lover in an armchair after a long day. 

Libra: 69

Libra, represented by the scales, is all about equality, so it's no surprise that they enjoy giving and receiving oral gratification simultaneously. The graceful yet impractical nature of this position is not sustainable for the whole session, so the air-sign is ready to change to promote harmony with their partner.

Scorpio: Standing

Scorpios are emotional and passionate but choose to hide this to maintain independence. The position gives them the space to show how dedicated to pleasure they are — nonverbally. The focus necessary for this allows them to be cautiously passionate.

Sagittarius: Reverse Cowgirl

Like the American cowboy, Sagittarians are driven by their adventurous nature. Nothing is serious, so sex with them is fun and games. The top can independently reach climax for both parties if they wish. The philosophical sign will be searching for the meaning of life in between their partner's legs, and they just might find it. 

Capricorn: Missionary

It's not a shock that the workaholic earth sign of Capricorn is described as the most traditional position, but it's a tried and true method. A Capricorn will take sex as seriously as they would anything else. Leave it to a Capricorn to schedule sex ahead of time, so they can plan their day around it. 

Aquarius: The Waterfall

Aquarians have a reputation for being unique, detached and changeable. They are the kind to try anything once or twice, just to be sure. The waterfall is a complicated position where one partner is on top and the other is laying off the side of the bed with their head upside down. The waterfall, like its symbol, the water bearer, brings the flood.

Pisces: Really Good Oral

A Pisces is willing to give passionate head to their partner because, who are we kidding, foreplay is everything. This sign loves nothing more than laying back and daydreaming while receiving oral because they are never in a rush. If you aren't going down on your Pisces partner, you might want to reconsider.

Abbie Zehentbauer is a senior studying English at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. What do you think? Let Abbie know by emailing her at az455315@ohio.edu