Blotter: Items stolen from a house while family was staying over; A PlayStation 4 held hostage

Family fortune

The Athens County Sheriff's Department responded to Torch Road in Coolville Monday for a theft report.

The caller said several items were taken while the family was staying with them for a short period of time. The case is still under investigation.

Something’s off

Deputies took a report Monday of a counterfeit $10 bill that had been used at the Guysville Marathon the night before. 

The bill had several movie prop markings on it and the face of Thomas Jefferson had been changed. The bill was collected and placed into evidence.

Finished turning up

Deputies responded to West 1st Street in The Plains on Monday for a report of loud music.

The deputies contacted the homeowner and he said he had music on, but just turned it off.

Highway robbery

Deputies stopped a semi-truck Friday hauling a building on a semi-trailer.

The building didn’t appear to be secured to the trailer, but after inspection, deputies confirmed that it was secured with straps and chains.

Quit playing games

Deputies responded to South Canaan Road on Sunday for a theft report.

The caller said he left a PlayStation 4 inside his friend’s car, but his friend won’t give it back to him because the caller owes him money. 

Suspiciously stuck

Deputies responded to Church House Road in Glouster Oct. 23 for a “suspicious vehicle stuck in mud,” according to a police report.

The maintenance man for the church pulled the woman’s vehicle out of the mud and she got on her way.

Tequila!

Deputies responded to North McDonald Street in The Plains after a caller reported a highly intoxicated woman.

The caller said his wife had drunk a large amount of tequila and was concerned for her safety. She was transported to OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital for treatment.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu