Blotter: Man plays loud music to stay awake; Two people call police after phone trouble

Have you tried coffee?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office dispatched deputies to Ohio Avenue Friday for a noise complaint.

The deputies did not find any disturbances, but a man in the area was contacted. He said he had just gotten home from work and had his stereo turned up loud to help keep him awake.

One man’s trash…

An Oxley road resident reported Friday that their Rumpke trash can had been stolen.

It’s been a while

Deputies responded to Harner Road Friday for a theft report.

A tree stand was stolen nearly one year ago from a neighbor’s property. It was not reported at the time of the theft, but the case is under further investigation.

Locked out

Deputies were dispatched to Subway in The Plains Sunday for a possible domestic dispute.

The deputies contacted the woman who works at the Subway, and she said her husband was knocking on the door to get her attention to get a set a keys from her. She said there was “no dispute at all.”

iPhone 11 has issues

Deputies responded to a 911 hang up call at a State Route 7 residence Sunday.

The residents said they were having troubles with a new iPhone and accidentally called 911. The deputies assisted the couple by resetting the phone. The zoom feature had malfunctioned, which caused the accidental call.

Is this thing turned on?

Deputies responded to Canaanville Road Sunday for a 911 hang up call. 

Deputies made contact with an elderly woman who said she was having trouble with her phone and did not mean to call. She confirmed everything was OK.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu