Thursday’s episode of ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ teased a future crime scene. (Photo provided via @howtogetawaywithmurder on Instagram) 

TV Review: ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ promises blood in its flash forward

Tensions were still running high among the characters of How to Get Away with Murder, as they continued to grapple with losing Laurel (Karla Souza) and facing off against her family.

Following Frank’s (Charlie Weber) body arriving on Bonnie’s (Liza Weil) door, this episode found him in the hospital clinging to life as he went through multiple surgeries.

In a flashback, Xavier Castillo (Gerardo Celasco) interrogated and tortured Frank for information on Laurel. He told Frank that the FBI has an informant within their group, and he’d only reveal the identity if Frank helped him find Laurel. Frank declined and was tortured with electrocution and a baseball bat.

Later, Xavier informed Frank that his sister took the deposit box containing damning information from the bank, and he now has it. He also revealed to Frank that Annalise (Viola Davis) received $200,000 to get rid of Laurel and help the Castillos.

In the present, Frank told Bonnie that Annalise helped get rid of Laurel, but Annalise vehemently denied the accusation, saying it was a ploy to get them to turn on one another. Later, Annalise called her bank and found her account drained and, surprisingly, called Michaela’s (Aja Naomi King) father and mysteriously demanded he pay up. It’s unclear what she meant by this, but it likely will play into the drama with the Keating Four and the Castillos.

Tegan (Amirah Vann) also confronted her ex-wife, Cora (Mercedes Mason), who told Tegan that she broke up with the man she cheated on her with. Tegan thought they could reconnect, but Cora was firmly against it, leaving Tegan in pieces.

Later, Nate (Billy Brown) discovered Cora outside of Tegan’s and asked if she needed help, suggesting he’ll learn more about the two and follow his suspicion of Tegan’s involvement with Laurel’s disappearance.

In the flash forward, Asher’s (Matt McGorry) and Gabriel’s (Rome Flynn) apartment is a crime scene. Tegan rushes in and states that her client is a suspect, and the camera pans to reveal a bloody handprint and a lot of blood.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu