Kylie Jenner tries to trademark ‘rise and shine’ catchphrase; Marlon Wayans to perform in MemAud on Thursday

Today is Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Kylie Jenner is trying to trademark the catch phrase “rise and shine.”

After the video of her waking up her daughter, Stormi, and singing “rise and shine,” the makeup guru has filed legal documents asking for legal ownership of the phrase to print on belts, pants, coats, dresses, footwear, jackets, loungewear, scarves, sleepwear, socks, swimwear, her own cosmetics and much more.

The hashtag #RiseandShine hit over a billion views on TikTok earlier in the week, which makes it the fastest spike ever on the platform. Jenner has already started selling sweatshirts with the phrase, but they’re sold out.

Could a new “rise and shine” makeup line be in the works? Who knows with Jenner, but definitely expect more news about her trademarking journey. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Blue Eagle Music owner, Frank McDermott, has part of his extensive guitar collection on show at the Kennedy Museum of Art. (The Post)

Ohio University announced a new office for corporate engagement. (The Post)

Comedian Marlon Wayans will perform at OU on Thursday. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio soccer player Alivia Milesky passed her sister on the all-time goal-scoring list. (The Post)

Here’s the latest stock watch following Ohio football’s win over Kent State. (The Post)

Ohio hockey goalie Jimmy Thomas owns a piece of history. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be sunny with no chance of precipitation. It’s a little colder with a high of 62 degrees, so make sure to wear some layers. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

One person was injured during a shooting at Ridgeway High School in Santa Rosa, California. (CNN)

Verizon will give one free year of Disney+ to all unlimited wireless customers. (Variety)

Abortion and same-sex marriage are to be legalized in Northern Ireland. (The Washington Post)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu