Baker University Center at Ohio University. (Nate Swanson | For The Post).

3 new organizations under investigation by the university

Three additional student organizations have been placed under investigation since Monday by the university for allegedly putting their members’ “health and safety at risk.” 

The men’s club rugby team, the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity and the Alpha Kappa Psi business fraternity have all been issued an immediate cease and desist for all organizational activities for allegedly breaking the “behavioral expectations set out in the Student Code of Conduct,” according to letters sent to the groups’ presidents by Taylor Tackett, assistant dean of students and director of Community Standards and Student Responsibility Community Standards. 

The men’s club rugby team, which was suspended Monday, must provide the university a list of all members, potential new members, anyone who has “tried out” for the team and any documentation that provides details as to why someone is no longer part of the team or trying to gain membership by Wednesday, according to the letter.

Pi Kappa Phi and Alpha Kappa Psi, which were both issued cease and desists on Thursday, must provide the university with a list of all members, pledges, anyone involved in the bid process and any big-little pairings, according to the letter.

Since Sept. 30, the university has suspended all 15 fraternity chapters in the Interfraternity Council, three sororities, two professional fraternities and the Ohio University Marching Band.

The university now has a public webpage where it keeps a list of the status of all student organizations under review for alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct, including hazing. 

@NolanSimmons37 

ns622217@ohio.edu