This week’s episode of ‘The Masked Singer’ introduced the remaining contestants. (Photo provided via @MaskedSingerFOX on Twitter)

TV Recap: Four new celebrities perform; one has to fly away on ‘The Masked Singer’

The third week of The Masked Singer introduced the last four of the competition’s 16 overall contestants. With the debut of the Flower, the Eagle, the Penguin and the Fox, this week brings out some extremely talented singers and just as many laughs as the week before. 

The Flower blossoms on stage

This contestant came out with a delicate performance of Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5” and showed viewers her true colors. With a stunning voice, a substantial range and clues like references to blossoms, the number 314 and the dozen reasons (also 12 seasons of Big Bang Theory) we’ll love her on the show. 

Guess: Mayim Bialik 

The Eagle soars during his performance

Giving the audience less than stellar vocals during his rendition of “I Would Do Anything For Love” by Meat Loaf, the Eagle has all the judges confused. The added clues of hanging out with rock stars, listening to other people’s stories and a health scare aren’t very helpful either.

Guess: Howard Stern

The penguin plays it cool

Performing “The Middle” by Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey, the penguin was less than expected and clearly gave away that she is not a trained vocalist. With clues like “not your secretary” signs and a TV clip saying her career on ice was ruined, they might’ve made this one too obvious. 

Guess: Debi Thomas

The fox puts on a foxy performance

The Fox’s performance of Maroon 5’s “This Love” was a fairytale, just like his clue package indicated. Among the other clues were working with Dougie and Doubtfire, comic book references and doing his best work at night. 

Guess: Wayne Brady

The Smackdown: Eagle vs. Penguin

After being eliminated to their respective competitions, the two birds of the night were sent to compete against each other to see who would be revealed. The Eagle concluded the night with a performance of “These Boots Were Made for Walkin” by Nancy Sinatra, and the Penguin followed with Fifth Harmony’s “Worth It.” After they performed, the people voted to send the Eagle flying, who was revealed to be none other than Dr. Drew. 

@SydneyEWalters

sw844317@ohio.edu