Negan returns during Sunday’s episode of ‘The Walking Dead.’ (Photo provided via @TWD_FanTW on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ saw the return of Negan during Sunday’s episode

Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead opened with a tree collapsing on the wall of Hilltop, which destroyed part of the barrier. While it may have been just nature, Michonne (Danai Gurira) said the walkers at Alexandria, the tree at Hilltop and the mask at Oceanside suggest someone could be toying with them. There also was a new report of Whisperers at Oceanside, which Michonne decided to go investigate herself with Luke (Dan Fogler).

Lydia (Cassady McClincy) faced bullying from other Alexandrians who wanted her out of the group. They associate Lydia with the Whisperers who killed their friends and want her gone. When they accosted her in the middle of the night and threatened her to leave, Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) came to her rescue. In the altercation, Negan accidentally killed one of the Alexandrians, which led the community to form a panel and discuss his fate.

The panel was deadlocked and decided to wait until morning to cast their final vote. However, the next morning, Negan had disappeared from his cell. Lydia immediately claimed responsibility for letting him go, but Daryl (Norman Reedus) knew she hadn’t really done it. Lydia still feels like an outcast, but is gradually learning how to integrate into the community.

With Negan’s whereabouts unknown, viewers will be interested to see what happens to the character and if he will join the Whisperers and become a villain yet again.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu