Amazon music streaming now free to Android, iOS and Fire TV; Schoonover’s green roof will promote sustainability

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good Morning,

In the age of streaming, Spotify and Apple Music are the two major contenders.

Now, Amazon music streaming is free for Android, iOS and Fire TV users. The free, ad-supported service used to be confined to Alexa devices. Available in the U.S., U.K. and Germany, listeners are still confined to only playlists or stations, which are categorized by artist, genre, era and song. 

Though Amazon’s free service is still limited, the announcement dropped Spotify’s stock by almost 5% on Monday, per CNBC.  

To receive ad-free music streaming, listeners must subscribe to Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Clothing swaps are an easy way for Ohio University students to be sustainable but not break the bank. (The Post)

Schoonover Center’s green roof will aim to provide educational opportunities to students. (The Post)

The Athens Revolutionary Socialists group is still continuing its activism after no socialist or independent was elected in the 2019 general election. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio football will face off against Bowling Green tonight. (The Post)

Athens Weather

You might want to grab your umbrella. There’s a 50% chance of rain today. The high will be 35 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Motley Crue, Def Leppard and Poison announced a 2020 stadium tour. (Rolling Stone)

Chick-Fil-A will stop donating to anti-LGBT organizations. (ABC News)

Kylie Jenner sold a $600 million stake of Kylie Cosmetics. (CNN)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu