Google is launching its own gaming service; Ohio women’s basketball beat Ohio State on Sunday

Today is Monday, Nov. 18, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Google is unveiling its new gaming service, Stadia, this week.

Stadia changes the format of video games by not needing a console. To play on Stadia this year, people will have to buy a special bundle, The Premiere Edition. It will include a Stadia controller, a Chromecast dongle, three months of a Stadia streaming subscription and a free pass so a friend can also play for three months, for $129.99.

Stadia can be played on phones, televisions or PCs. The games that will be available when it launches are Red Dead Redemption 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Just Dance 2020 and three Tomb Raider games. Google is also creating its own games through Stadia Games and Entertainment studio.

Stadia will officially launch Tuesday.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Lost Flamingo Company’s performance of Hand of God shows the struggles of communication through an evil puppet. (The Post)

The meat industry is the largest component of the food system to have a negative impact on the environment. (The Post)

One Direction’s debut album, Up All Night, came out eight years ago today. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball beat Ohio State 74-68 Sunday. (The Post)

Ohio hockey’s Jackson Chilberg earned his first career shutout in the team’s win over Slippery Rock. (The Post)

Ohio cross country concluded its season at the Great Lakes Regional Championships. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be sunny with a high of 50 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Less than a week into its existence, Disney+ accounts are being hacked and sold online. (CBR)

A major flood hit Venice for the third time in less than a week. (USA Today)

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she has 'no idea' if the impeachment inquiry will end by 2020. (Politico)

@mikayla_roch

mr290816@ohio.edu