Krispy Kreme strikes a deal with a college entrepreneur; Miami University beat Ohio 24-21

Today is Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

An enterprising college student in Minnesota who was told to shut down his thriving Krispy Kreme delivery service has struck a deal to continue delivery tasty treats.

Krispy Kreme hasn’t had a location in Minnesota since 2008, so when 21-year-old Jayson Gonzalez realized there was still a huge demand for donuts in his state, he decided to capitalize. 

Gonzalez was delivering donuts from neighboring Iowa to help pay for his college tuition, the Pioneer Press reported, but Krispy Kreme soon told him to end his marked-up resale. The company was worried that the long drive was degrading the quality of its donuts, CNN reported

Gonzalez’s hard work must have made a mark on Krispy Kreme, however. The company has reportedly had a change of heart, according to a statement given to *CNN. 

"Today, we reached out to Jayson to express our appreciation for his love of Krispy Kreme and admiration for his entrepreneurial spirit," a spokeswoman for Krispy Kreme told CNN. "We are going to help him achieve his goals, which include being debt-free when he graduates in 2021, in part by selling Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.”

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Earl Sweatshirt’s ‘Feet of Clay’ is an album suited for hardcore fans of his recent pivot toward a more experimental style. (The Post)

This poetry group isn’t shy of the “F-Word.” (The Post)

Athens community members are bringing their reflective items together for this art exhibit. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s how Ohio University Football fared against archrival Miami last night (The Post)

Ohio Field Hockey is gearing up for the MAC tournament. (The Post)

More from Ohio’s game against Miami here (The Post)

Athens Weather

Bring your umbrella because there's a 100% chance of rain today. The high will be 43 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know... 

Millennials are better educated but still earn less than baby boomers did. (CNBC)

China is imposing a curfew to curb video game addiction. (CNN)

This brewery is putting *adoptable dogs on its beer cans. (CNN)

@leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu