Ohio's Marvin Price shoots the ball over Rio Grande's Gunner Short during the game on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.

Men's Basketball: Numbers that mattered in Ohio's 90-51 win over Rio Grande

Ohio notched its sixth win of the season after it defeated Rio Grande 90-51 Wednesday night in The Convo.

Ben Vander Plas, Sylvester Ogbonda and Marvin Price each scored 14 points. Ogbonda also had eight rebounds for Ohio.

The Bobcats had five players score in double digits

Wednesday’s game was the second of a six-game home stretch. The Bobcats are undefeated through three home games this season.

While their third home game of the season provided plenty of stats in the Bobcats’ favor, here are the ones that stuck out most.

1 – This is the first time this season where Ohio’s five on the court featured all bench players. Starting point guard Jason Preston was subbed at halfway through the second half to complete the full-bench lineup for Ohio. 

5 – Preston’s 11 points and 13 assists gave him his fifth double-double of the season. Through the first nine games of the season, the sophomore has averaged 16.6 points and 8.7 assists per game.

23 – Marvin Price reached double-digit minutes for the first time in his young career. The freshman forward had only played in seven total minutes in Ohio’s first eight games. He made his first appearance early in the first half against the RedStorm in placement of redshirt senior Jordan Dartis.

9 – Ohio’s nine turnovers are the fewest it’s had all season. In its previous three games, Ohio had a combined 38. 

42 – The Bobcats’ 42 bench points are the most to happen all season.

Whats next?

Ohio hosts Tennessee Tech on Sunday in The Convo. Tipoff is at 2 p.m.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu