Jordan Dartis  (Colin Mayr | Ohio Athletics) 

Men's Basketball: Ohio defeats Morehead State 82-76 in tight Saturday game

Ben Vander Plas and Jordan Dartis combined for 49 points as the Bobcats narrowly defeated Morehead State 82-76 Saturday afternoon in The Convo.

Ohio opened up the second half down 39-38 after it scored just 15 points in the final 11 minutes of the opening half.

Through his work on the low post, Vander Plas was nearly impossible to guard. He either worked inside and reversed from his original block, or spin away from the hoop and fadeaway all while making the shots.

Dartis continued his hot performance against the Boilermakers into Saturday’s game after he went 8-for-13 and made five 3-pointers – including three in the second half that helped seal the game for Ohio down the stretch.

Off the heels of an 18-point loss to Purdue on Tuesday, the Bobcats opened up their game against the Eagles with a 22-10 run that featured three 3-pointers and contested layups.

The scoring run didn’t stretch for the entirety of the first half, however, and that’s where the Bobcats entered into a rut. The Eagles found ways to work the Bobcats’ defense both from the paint and beyond the arc. Morehead’s guard Jordan Walker excelled in tough shots after he finished the game with 24 points on just 17 shots.

Ohio will close out the 2019 calendar year on Dec. 29 when it hosts Campbell in its final nonconference game of the season.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu