Blotter: Man hides in garage for two hours; dirt reported on road

They weren’t even looking for you

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office arrested Bryan Parsons, of Glouster, on Jan. 23 on multiple warrants.

Deputies contacted Parsons while they were looking for a different person in the same area. Parsons locked himself in a garage and refused to come out for about two hours.

No more yard work

Deputies responded to Nelsonville on Jan. 23 for an inactive theft.

Contact was made with the caller who advised that he had a weed eater and a chainsaw stolen about a month ago. He said his neighbor stole the items, but he did not want to pursue criminal charges, but he just wanted to ensure that a report was on file.

Not a dirty road!

Deputies responded to Dixon Ridge Road in Coolville on Jan. 23 in regards to a dirt on the roadway complaint. Deputies located dirt and debris in the roadway near the residence.

The homeowner was located and requested to clean off the dirt and debris and they complied, but there was no further action needed.

Criminal organizing

Deputies were dispatched to Jacobs Avenue in Chauncey on Tuesday for a breaking and entering report.

The unattached garage had been forcibly opened, but according to the owner, items were moved around but nothing appeared to be missing.

Money really doesn’t grow on trees

Deputies responded to East Scatter Ridge Road on Tuesday for a report of a theft issue.

The caller said they had a service cut for walnut trees and they take 50% of the profits from the mill. The person who cut the trees has not talked to the owner of the trees and no money has been exchanged.

You may need to put some ice on that

Deputies responded to Red Dog Road for a report of an illegal burn.

The case is still under investigation.

Don’t look back

The Ohio University Police Department received a report about a man whose bicycle mirror was stolen from the garage at Nelson Commons.

The department has began an investigation and no other information is available.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu