Billie Eilish proves she’s the perfect match for James Bond with “No Time To Die.” (Photo provided via @chartsbillibr on Twitter) 

Billie Eilish is licensed to kill following James Bond song 'No Time To Die'

The James Bond franchise is not only an iconic staple in the action movie genre, it’s one of a kind. Throughout the seven different Bond’s in film — Daniel Craig being the latest — there have been 26 total Bond movies with the 27th currently in production. While the movies have proved their own worth, amassing over $16 billion in profits, the soundtrack is often what sets the tone for the films.

In the last decade, popular artists have performed original songs for the franchise, creating a more modern and well-known atmosphere in the age of ever-developing digital technologies. In 2012, audiences were greeted by Adele’s hit, “Skyfall” which reached number two on the U.K.'s Official Singles Chart. After a three-year period, Sam Smith delivered with their dramatic, “Writing’s On The Wall,” for 2015’s Spectre.

The forthcoming James Bond film, No Time To Die, will feature a song performed by Billie Eilish, that was written by her and her brother Finneas O’Connell. 

The duo received five 2020 Grammy Awards for their work on the biggest album of 2019, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? The young music sensation has been criticized by listeners for being too moody, but that could be exactly what makes her the perfect match for Bond. 

Eilish released her Bond single on Feb. 13, and it was performed live for the first time at the 2020 BRIT Awards. Since the release of the song, Google searches for the song and upcoming Bond film have nearly doubled, and the song is projected to become Eilish’s first U.K. chart-topper. 

In Spectre, Bond (Craig) was forced to dive deep into his past to uncover the criminal organization known as Spectre. In the forthcoming film, No Time To Die, Bond faces a new array of enemies while trying to stay afloat in a world persistent on leaving him behind. 

Not only does “No Time To Die” provide an accurate tone for the upcoming flick, Eilish is likely to set the stage for future soundtracks, just as Adele and Sam Smith did for her.

No Time To Die will hit theaters on April 10, 2020.

@hiltnerjack

jh396418@ohio.edu

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director