ChilledCow live stream back up; Athens rabbit rescue helps rescue abandoned rabbits

Today is Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Popular YouTube channel ChilledCow, known for its LoFi hip-hop constant live stream, was mistakenly suspended and eventually terminated, resulting in the end of one of the longest videos in YouTube history: 13,000 hours. 

The violation of the account was a mistake and has been lifted, so a new live stream is underway. But the iconic anime girl doing her homework is now one of the longest videos on YouTube and has surpassed 218 million views.

YouTube’s official Twitter account admitted the mistake was on its end. This isn’t the first time ChilledCow’s live streams have gone down, though, as it has once before in 2017 due to copyright issues.

Hopefully YouTube won’t be taking ChilledCow down again anytime soon and the video will break its own record.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s a look at what city council discussed in committee meetings last night (The Post)

A rabbit rescue in Athens is struggling to stay open with only one volunteer. (The Post)

Athens Makerspace is officially closed, terminating all classes, including the Ladies’ Intro to Welding class. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio men’s basketball will look to avoid a season sweep against Buffalo. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is cloudy with an 80% chance of precipitation. There are low winds with a high of 54 degrees and a low of 42 degrees. Make sure to bring an umbrella and some rain boots. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A nine-year-old boy asked Pete Buttigieg for help to come out as gay at a Denver rally. (USA Today)

The rumored Apple over-ear headphones, or Apple Airpods X Generation, may cost around $400. (Tech Radar)

Former Marine George Hood now holds the male Guinness World Record for the longest plank, after holding it for eight hours, 15 minutes and 15 seconds. (USA Today)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu