Papa John’s introduces its twist on Italian sandwiches; here’s how Athens might increase its sustainability efforts

Today is Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

It’s a new decade, and Papa John’s is bringing a new item to its menu to celebrate.

The well-known pizza company is taking its own twist on the Italian piadina, a folded flatbread sandwich, by combining it with the classic American pizza. The result is four different flavors of Papadias. 

The Papadia choices include the Italian, the grilled barbecue chicken and bacon, the Philly Cheesesteak and the meatball pepperoni. Each will cost $6, which includes a dipping sauce on the side.

Papa John’s said the Papadia is the brand’s newest “innovation” and is just one of the newest menu items to appear in 2020. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Athens may continue its investments in sustainable practices by purchasing a new solar array. (The Post)

Athens is home to a paranormal investigator who has been dealing with the supernatural for decades. (The Post)

Ohio Valley Summer Theatre will host a Valentine’s Day dinner complete with Broadway love songs. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio took on Western Michigan last night in The Convo. (The Post)

Ohio women’s basketball is embracing its long overdue bye week. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

2 for U hosts Rachel and Jacob recount their romantic victories and financial losses on Super Bowl Sunday (The Post)

Athens Weather:

The gloomy weather and rain are here to stay. There’s a 100% chance of rain this afternoon. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Mobile competitors Sprint and T-Mobile will be merging. (NBC News)

Rudy Giuliani will produce a documentary on Hunter Biden. (The Hill)

NASA is asking Congress to budget the agency over $25 billion for next year. (CNBC)

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu