Peter goes on his fantasy suite dates with the remaining women on this week’s episode of ‘The Bachelor.’ (Photo provided via @bachelorabc on Twitter)

TV Review: Madison is too good for Peter and made it clear during fantasy suite week on ‘The Bachelor’

The producers of The Bachelor have done the most this season. Hannah Brown returned with feelings for Peter, Victoria F.’s ex showed up during a one-on-one and Alayah came back after being sent home. It’s been a rough one, rose lovers, but nothing could prepare us for what came this week: The remaining women staying in the same room for fantasy suites.

By this point in the season, the final contestants are typically treated to separate rooms for individual time with Peter. However this season, suspicions have been raised as people speculate that producers placed the women together on purpose — knowing Madison is a virgin and that the other women will certainly be talking about their special alone time with Pete.  

Madison waited too long to make her own faith decisions clear to Peter

Madison has been a front-runner, if not, THE front-runner all season. However, the decision to wait until fantasy suites to tell Peter she is saving herself for marriage seems like a far-too delayed conversation. She throws an ultimatum curveball at Peter when she pulls him aside after the previous rose ceremony stating, “Next week, if you were to sleep with someone else, it would be really hard for me to move forward.” Peter seems more concerned than we’ve ever seen him before — knowing it’s either Madison or possibly sleeping with the other contestants. Tough decisions. 

Fantasy suites or sleepover suites?

It’s time to head down-under to Australia. Madison arrives first, explaining how this week is particularly awkward for her. Hannah Ann and Victoria F. show up to the same room shortly after and are anything but thrilled about the living arrangements. 

“Apparently all of us will be living together during fantasy suite week. Are you kidding me? Awkward. So awkward,” Victoria F. says. 

On the bright side, at least they can deal with their anxieties about Peter sleeping with the other women together and not alone. 

Is Peter actually in love with Hannah Ann?

Hannah Ann gets the first fantasy suite one-on-one and it’s pretty much as cookie-cutter as you could possibly imagine it to be. “I’m just so in love with this man,” she gushes to the camera. Peter describes Hannah Ann as the girl of his dreams and reminds her how much he’s falling in love with her. Key word: “Falling.”

Hannah Ann tells Peter the opposite of Madison and advises him to do “what you have to do.” Peter thanks her for the green light and states how it makes everything so much easier. Yeah, yeah. They pop some champagne and head off to their suite, where Peter throws her on the bed like a doll. That’s all we needed to see that Madison’s little ultimatum will not be followed.  However, there’s no morning after shot, just Hannah Ann having some award encounters back at the hotel with Victoria F. and Madi. 

Victoria F. is so toxic it hurts

Victoria gets the second fantasy suite, and it’s easy to see she won’t be sticking around too much longer. Poor Peter still doesn’t see just how manipulative and toxic she is just yet, but “he likes crazy” so it makes sense. Peter describes their relationship stating, “When it’s good, it’s good.” But most of the time, it’s not. Nothing like a little manipulation and evil mind-games to keep that spark alive!

The two spend their day whispering sweet nothings about fighting for each other, but we all know where this is heading. Sooner than later, Victoria is back to her ways of pushing Peter away so she ultimately wants her more. “I don’t know... It just made me question everything, I guess. I don’t know what you want,” she tells Peter. He begs her to stop pushing him away. Just like that, we cut to the morning shot of the couple in bed together. Sorry Madison.

Madison is too good for Peter

After Madison voiced her choice of saving herself for marriage, it was inevitable that intimacy issues would arise. She may have waited a little too long, but she did warn him that she would not move forward if he were to sleep with another woman during fantasy suites. Lifelong happiness with Madison or being intimate with the other women? Peter chose the latter. 

He says being with Madi is “the best feeling in the world” and constantly states how much he loves her. The couple has a great one-on-one, but the evening conversation isn’t looking too hopeful after his overnight dates with Victoria F. and Hannah Ann. Madison makes her standards clear to Peter stating, “I made a commitment to myself, and I decided that I wanted to save myself for marriage, and for me, I see it as the day I say I do to the person I spend the rest of my life.” She may have given Peter an ultimatum, but she stood by her standards and made them clear. 

Peter responded to Madison by expressing he felt uncomfortable but eventually admitted to her that he had slept with another woman during fantasy suites. She excuses herself as he tries to fight for her. “Madi, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” he tells her. “I can’t lose you. Say something.” The outcome is unclear if she will stay on the show or walk away. 

Contestants are usually aware that other relationships are occurring, but clearly it’s been an issue all along for Madison. However, if Peter was truly in love with Madison the way he expresses, he would have respected the choice she’s made in regards to intimacy and not crossed the boundary so quickly. 

Here’s how Twitter reacted to the latest episode of The Bachelor:

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu