Put yourself first this Valentine’s Day; South Green water plant to open in April

Today is Friday, Feb. 14, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Love isn’t just something we express toward other people. Loving yourself is arguably as important. If this Valentine’s Day isn’t being spent with a special someone, put yourself first. Here are some ways to fuel your self-appreciation.

Physical activity is proven to improve your mood and make you feel better. Not only does exercise release endorphins — it can lead to a more productive day. Going to the gym doesn’t need to be about looking your best for someone else. It can be about feeling good for yourself.

Yes, it’s colder than usual today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a short walk around the block. If you don’t want to walk around Athens, the Strouds Run State Park is a short drive away, and not to mention, a beautiful hike.

Too cold for you? Curl up under a warm blanket and read your favorite book or watch your favorite TV show. Treat yourself to a night in. Do what you want. 

Get a haircut, makeover or whatever makes you feel like the best version of yourself. Even if it’s a few inches trimmed, doing small acts of self-appreciation can make you feel like a million bucks. Go out there and live your best life this Valentine’s Day.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Ohio University athletes primarily study in the College of Business over other university colleges. (The Post

Local burlesque troupe The Goddess Collective will hold The Heartbreaker’s Ball at Athens Uncorked on Saturday to celebrate everything love-related. (The Post)

The chilled water plant under construction on South Green will be up and running by April 2020. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio hockey is heading to Iowa State for its weekend series. (The Post)

Ohio men’s basketball has been on a surge of wins, all thanks to a pit stop at Dairy Queen. (The Post)

Ohio wrestling has time to rest and prepare for its next opponents during its bye week. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts Bre Offenberger and Riley Runnells discuss Camila Cabello’s new music video, Pete Davidson as a drag queen and more during this week’s episode of ‘Stay Tuned.’ (The Post)

Hosts Rachel Calvis and Jacob Kennedy discuss live action remakes and other bizarre topics on this week’s episode of ‘2 for u.’ (The Post)

Hosts Riley Scott and Cal Gunderson discuss how to secure a date for Valentine’s Day on ‘Swipe Left.’ (The Post)

Athens Weather:

This Valentine’s Day is a chilly one! The high will be 26 degrees with clear and sunny skies. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Scientists discovered what is believe to be a T-rex’s cousin species in Canada. (All That Interesting)

Kombucha could be a solution to the plastic crisis (OneZero Medium)

Transatlantic flights are about to get much faster, and you can thank climate change. (WIRED)

@HiltnerJack

jh396418@ohio.edu

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director