Housing and Residence Life takes feedback from students to improve the random room selection process. 

Students allowed into dorms until March 16 to retrieve items

Ohio University announced Wednesday that students will be allowed to enter residence halls to get items they may have left over spring break.

Students can swipe into residence halls from March 12 until March 16 between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. to get items from their rooms, according to a Housing and Residence Life email.

The three mailrooms on each green will be open from March 12 until March 14.

OU suspended all in-person instruction Tuesday and will soon move face-to-face classes online to a “virtual instruction environment,” according to an email from OU President Duane Nellis. Students who traveled home for spring break are asked to remain away from campus until March 30.

Students who need to live on campus must submit a request and be approved by Housing and Residence Life. The requests will be reviewed daily and will only be approved to students with “extenuating circumstances,” according to the email.

Students who can’t return to campus to retrieve their items should email Housing and Residence Life at housing@ohio.edu.

There are currently no public schools offering refunds, which is a “complicated decision” that is being handled by university executives, according to an email from Housing and Residence Life to its employees.

“We have heard the requests and have asked for clarification on OHIO’s stance,” according to the email.

Campus Recreation will operate with an updated schedule beginning March 12. Bird Arena and Walter Fieldhouse will be closed. The Aquatic Center will be open from Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.

The Golf and Tennis Center will be open Sunday through Saturday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Ping Recreation Center will be open from noon until 7 p.m., but the climbing wall is closed, and all group fitness sessions have been canceled, according to an email from Campus Recreation.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu