Twitter is introducing a new feature called Fleets; March on Court Street for Disability Awareness will happen Friday

Today is Thursday, March 5, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Twitter is finally hopping on the “stories” bandwagon. The social media platform is expanding their 280-character post option with a new feature, called Fleets. The feature mimics that of Snapchat stories and Instagram stories — allowing posts that appear in a separate timeline for 24 hours before expiring. 

Mo Aladham, a Twitter group product manager, stated the new feature was created for people who feel the platform is too public, permanent and quantitative with retweets and likes. 

“We want to make it possible for you to have conversations in new ways with less pressure and more control, beyond tweets and direct messages,” Aladham said via a blog post. 

To create a fleet, users will tap a plus button that appears on the new row of posts on top of the home timeline. Users can type 280-characters of text, add photos, GIFs or videos. Similar to Instagram and Snapchat, users can also react to fleets with text or an emoji. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

The third annual March on Court Street for Disability Awareness will happen Friday. (The Post)

The Gathering Place is having its sixth annual Community Illumination advocacy event to destigmatize mental illness and showcase local art. (The Post)

Green Beer Day took place Wednesday. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Dr. Daniel Black has been treating the Ohio hockey team for a decade with his Sunday clinics. (The Post

25 years later, Ohio hockey’s first national title is still fresh in the players’ minds. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s a beautiful day in Athens. Today will be mostly sunny with no precipitation and a high of 55 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Los Angeles County is declaring a health emergency as the number of coronavirus cases in the county has increased to seven. (Los Angeles Times)

BMW is redesigning its iconic logo after more than two decades. (CNN)

Megan Thee Stallion announced her new album Suga will be released Friday. (Rap Up)

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu