Restore some laughter and joy back into your life by using these TikTokers as your form of quarantine entertainment.  (Photo provide via @ohdearpatience on Twitter)

7 TikTok stars who will keep you afloat during quarantine

As we continue to quarantine and look for activities to keep us busy, it’s easy to find humor as a sense of comfort. The vast array of users on the app TikTok do their best every day to make others laugh, smile and remind you there is still some good in the world right now. Here are the seven TikTok stars who are bound to bring some joy into your life during this strange time:

Brittany Tomlinson (@brittany_broski)

This list would be a travesty if it didn’t include Brittany Tomlinson, otherwise known as “Kombucha girl.” Ever since the TikTok of her trying Kombucha for the first time became an instant meme and kick started her career as a social media influencer, Tomlinson has not slowed down. She continues to attract millions of views per video as she imitates different characters — ranging from a Southern grandma to even a potato — participates in the latest dance crazes and shares the random things she’s doing. She also has a “secret” spam account, @lostmymarblesagain. 

Mark Gaetano (@snarkymarky)

Mark Gaetano is truly the king of bringing back elementary school memories we forgot we had. He has perfectly mimicked all the school faculty you most likely dreaded in your childhood, including a teacher yelling at students on the bus and the cafeteria supervisor throwing a fit because there’s too much trash on the floor. Now, amid the pandemic, he’s channeling what it’s like to be doing online classes. Everything he posts is always scarily accurate.

@snarkymarky

POV: you're on the bus ride back to school after a field trip and the teacher is yelling at you because your class is too loud ##viral

♬ original sound - snarkymarky

Quenlin Blackwell (@quen_blackwell)

Quenlin Blackwell, one of the most recognizable faces from Vine, flawlessly transferred her impeccable humor to TikTok. Everything she posts on TikTok still possesses big Vine energy, too. Whether she’s reminiscing on how cruel she was as a child or being naturally funny as she explains life right now without toilet paper, Blackwell will undoubtedly have you rolling.

@quen.blackwell

idk why I found the meanest things soooo funny in the 1st grade ##fyp ##wishmeluck ##ButterGlossPop

♬ original sound - quen.blackwell

Hope Schwing (@hope_schwing)

Most of the time when you view Hope Schwing’s videos, it gives cause for concern. From her wildly popular videos where she tests her acid reflux and chugs soda to make herself aggressively burp to sharing her own flops with the world, Schwing is risking it all for us. You can’t deny, however, that it’s quality entertainment and that she is providing top-tier comedy when we need it most. 

Blu DeTiger (@bludetiger)

TikTok isn’t only there to make people laugh. Musician Blu DeTiger is blessing feeds everywhere with her infectious bass videos. She’s gifted us some classics, including the Seinfeld theme song, and some of the latest trends, like the bass line of Megan Thee Stallion’s “Savage,” which has become its own dance craze. DeTiger is using her time in quarantine to subtly show us her immeasurable talent, and we cannot thank her enough.

Stephen F. Austin (@omsteve)

Stephen F. Austin, better known as “Old Man Steve,” is a treasure and should be protected at all costs. The 81-year-old’s cooking videos, like where he makes a cheese omelet, combined with his always upbeat attitude, are as wholesome as can be. Always sporting some type of hat, he also posts “good morning” videos often, and he’s definitely the page to go to if you need some cheering up.

Devon Palmer (@devon_palmer)

Devon Palmer is the epitome of advanced humor. You never know what’s coming in his videos, and that’s what makes them so great. Whether he’s providing the most unexpected ending to a game of Monopoly ever or producing a Foot Locker experience that its public relations team could only dream of advertising, Palmer is here to keep everyone on their toes. We couldn’t ask for anything more, either. 

@bre_offenberger

bo844517@ohio.edu