Apple supplying millions of masks to medical workers; Greek life at OU is grappling with the effects of coronavirus pandemic

Today is Tuesday, April 7, 200. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Apple has been busy doing its part to help people stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.

The tech giant has been working with governments around the world to distribute over 20 million face masks. Its efforts will now shift to producing and shipping face shields across the U.S., according to a statement from Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook.

Face shields will be given to medical workers specifically. Those shields were first distributed to Kaiser hospital facilities in the Santa Clara valley earlier this week.

The company is expecting to ship out 1 million masks by the end of the week, and its efforts are only expected to increase in order to support the medical community around the world.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s how Greek life at Ohio University is responding to the coronavirus pandemic (The Post)

New art will be coming to traffic boxes throughout Athens. (The Post)

Four students were arrested for violating Ohio’s stay-at-home order. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

De’Montre Tuggle is ready to prove himself again in his senior football season. (The Post)

Athens Weather:

Bring an umbrella with you if you go on a walk while social distancing today. There’s a 60% chance of rain today, but it will be warm with a high of 75 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to intensive care yesterday due to escalating symptoms for the coronavirus. (BBC)

A benefit concert featuring iconic music artists from around the world will take place in order to raise money for protective equipment for healthcare workers fighting the coronavirus. (CNBC)

Over 10,000 people in the U.S. have now died from the coronavirus. (Reuters)

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu