The Keating 5 are in deep trouble during Thursday’s premiere of ‘How to Get Away with Murder.’ (Photo provided via @howtogetawaywithmurder on Instagram)

TV Review: ‘How to Get Away with Murder’ teased Annalise’s downfall during its final premiere

After the shocking death of Asher (Matt McGorry) in the mid-season finale of How to Get Away with Murder, Thursday’s episode found the Keating 5 targeted by police.

Michaela (Aja Naomi King) and Connor (Jack Falahee) were arrested for Asher’s murder and taken into custody. Oliver (Conrad Ricamora) panicked and called Bonnie (Liza Weil) and Frank (Charlie Weber) but also falsely confessed to the murder.

With all three of them in custody, Bonnie went to help them with Tegan (Amirah Vann). It was also revealed in a flashback that Bonnie knew Asher was the informant and sent Frank (Charlie Weber) after him. Michaela called her father, who hired a lawyer for her.

In court, the judge ruled that Oliver’s charges could be dismissed as there wasn’t enough evidence, but Michaela and Connor would remain in jail.

In another flashback, Asher had a meltdown after failing to record information implicating Bonnie and Frank and went to Gabriel (Rome Flynn).

Connor and Michaela were both offered an immunity deal if they agreed to testify against Annalise (Viola Davis) in court for all of the crimes they have committed. The two were torn, but eventually, both negotiated a deal for the other’s safety.

As the episode ended, Annalise was shown in a foreign country but refused to follow the undercover helper and was quickly arrested after Michaela’s father disclosed her location to authorities. As the series comes to a close, audiences can be sure to witness a tumultuous, drama-filled ending.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu