The HQ Trivia app has returned; OU announces alternative grading system due to the coronavirus

Today is Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The HQ Trivia app has returned after being shut down two months ago. 

A notification was sent out to trivia players who didn’t uninstall the game — announcing the game would go live at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday evening. The notification was followed by a tweet from HQ CEO Rus Yusupov, confirming the return. The live trivia show made its resurrection with a $1000 game hosted by Matt Richards, the last host before the game was shut down in February. During the live show, Richards thanked the anonymous investor who provided the funding needed to resume operations. 

Less than two months ago, Yusupov layed off the company’s 25 employees and sent a note stating HQ would cease operations. It is not confirmed if the game will produce more episodes at this time. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Ohio University announced an alternative grading system for students on Monday due to the coronavirus pandemic. (The Post)

The first COVID-19 death in Athens County was reported on Monday. (The Post)

Here’s how OU’s student organizations are remaining active while functioning virtually (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

The NCAA Division 1 Council granted an extra year of eligibility for seniors in spring sports programs. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Grab your jacket if you plan on taking a stroll outside! There will be a 20% chance of rain with a high of 53 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Disney CEO Bob Iger will forego his salary to combat Disney’s coronavirus hit. (Forbes)

The Tokyo Olympics have been rescheduled to run in 2021 from July 23 to Aug. 8. (ESPN)

Canadians are finding heartwarming ways to share “symbols of hope” with the world. (The Weather Network)

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu