Netflix is now letting you lock your personal profile with a PIN; Ohio Secretary of State asked legislature to support Ohio Voters First Act

Today is Thursday, April 9, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good Morning,

Are your family members clicking the wrong profile and messing up your “Keep Watching” or “Recommended” list? Did your roommate watch an entire season of “The Office” on your profile, switching up where you left off? Netflix is introducing a solution to this problem.

Netflix will now have PINs to keep your individual profile locked. This has been rolled out likely because of COVID-19. A lot more people have been at home using their Netflix accounts. 

This will be especially helpful to parents who want to keep their kids from watching anything on their adult profile. Some other features added also include disabling auto-play on kids’ accounts and blocking certain programs in case you’re just super tired of certain kids shows.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

See how bars around Athens are delivering alcohol to patrons amidst the global pandemic. (The Post)

COVID-19 is affecting a lot of students' summer internships and opportunities. (The Post)

In wake of the primary being postponed, Secretary of State Frank LaRose is asking the legislature to support the Ohio Voters First Act, to possibly create a vote by mail option. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Athens Weather

Today in Athens will be a beautiful sunny day with a high temperature of 59 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

In his new series, “Some Good News” (SGN), John Krasinski surprised a 9-year-old who was going to see Hamilton before it was canceled with a special Zoom call performance. (CNN)

Bernie Sanders has dropped out of the presidential race. (NBC News)

Check out these guidelines on grocery shopping during this world pandemic. (ABC News)

@mikayla_roch

mr290816@ohio.edu