This Is Us actor, Niles Finch, has been cast the first live-action Disney prince. (Photot provided via @CrownVictoria22 on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Niles Fitch is Disney’s first live-action black prince

Niles Fitch is making history with Disney after being cast as the first live-action Disney prince.

Fitch, known for his role as young Randall on This Is Us, will play Prince Tuma in the new Disney+ film Secret Society of Second-Born Royals

The film follows Sam (Andi Mack’s Peyton Elizabeth Lee), who is described as a “rebellious teen living in the kingdom of Illyria — and in the shadow of her older sister Princess Eleanor (Ashley Liao) who is next in line for the throne,” according to the exclusive first look from Entertainment Weekly

However, Sam quickly finds out being second-born doesn’t mean second-best, as she has superpowers and is drafted into a top secret group of other gifted royals who are in charge of keeping the world safe. 

The film will also star Skylar Astin from Pitch Perfect and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist, and Entertainment Weekly’s exclusive look also comes with several first-look photos of the film.

Niles posted some photos on Twitter to commemorate his new role:

Though the film isn’t revolving around Prince Tuma, audiences are thrilled about the step in the right direction for progressive casting in Disney films.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu