The exterior of Cutler Hall, located on College Green, which houses the offices of the president, the provost and other senior administrative officers. (Kaitlin Owens / File)

OU summer courses to be instructed online

Ohio University’s executive vice president and provost announced Friday all summer courses will be taught through remote and online instruction due to the continued threat of the coronavirus. 

Students are still able to register for summer courses, but the university felt it was important to provide updates on instruction during the registration process, Elizabeth Sayrs said in a university-wide email. 

The decision will affect the first session of summer courses, the second session of summer courses and courses offered during the full Summer Semester. All satellite campuses will also be following the guidelines. 

The university will monitor the possibility of required clinicals and other similar face-to-face courses being offered in-person during the latter half of the summer. Any change in status for those courses will be announced as soon as information is available.

Laboratories and other research spaces on campuses may also be reopened during the summer based on state permission.

“The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and campus communities will remain our top priority,” Sayrs said in a university-wide email.

All summer travel programs were previously canceled in March. 

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu