The 1997 Disney film will be getting a live-action reboot and fans are already trying to manifest the cast. (Photo provided via @DiscussingFilm on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Twitter is going wild casting ‘Hercules’ live-action remake

Disney announced a Hercules live-action remake, and Twitter is going wild with casting suggestions. 

The beloved 1997 animated film will be remade into a live-action with a script by Dave Callaham, writer of Expendables and the upcoming Marvel film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. The Russo brothers, Joe and Anthony, are set to produce the film.

Not a lot of information about the live-action remake has been released. Fans aren’t even sure whether the live-action will include the classic soundtrack from the original animated film.

However, fans are already spending time researching the perfect cast and hoping their suggestions through Twitter will manifest into reality. 

Names like Ariana Grande or Zendaya for Megara, Willem Dafoe for Hades, Tom Holland for Hercules and several others have been thrown around through social media, and each suggestion is wildly different from the last. Even characters like Pain and Panic, Hades’ lackeys, have a fantasy casting going online.

With all of the speculation going around for casting, it’ll be interesting to see who is officially chosen to take on such a classic Disney film.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu